Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: CDR Short Form -- still no response  (Read 2436 times)

StrayCats

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 3
Re: CDR Short Form -- still no response
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
Thank you, I hope you are right, by that time I will be approaching 53, SO should I assume my review is over?I hope so.
"Life can change in a Heartbeat, Make the needed changes to Live, Love & Laugh Everyday of your Life before it ends to soon !!!"

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:29 PM »
Thank you, I hope you are right, by that time I will be approaching 53, SO should I assume my review is over?I hope so.

Yes, since you received the "we do not need to review your case at this time letter", your review is over.  It is important to note that this is not a Comparison Point Decision - so if you get a long form in the future SSA will compare your status at the time to your original approval - not your health status as of this short form.  (A completed long form/records review is a comparison point decision.)

steve

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
I received my short form in October,2016...Filled it out sent it back on the same day...Just received after 6 month's the happy letter saying that they don't have to review my case at this time....I think those of us who receive the short form instead of the Long form should feel very fortunate because the long form CDR is more difficult to pass and there are no happy letters usually after the long form....

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
I received my short form in October,2016...Filled it out sent it back on the same day...Just received after 6 month's the happy letter saying that they don't have to review my case at this time....I think those of us who receive the short form instead of the Long form should feel very fortunate because the long form CDR is more difficult to pass and there are no happy letters usually after the long form....

Even with the Long Form many more receive a continuation of benefits then not.

DisabledInWI

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 22
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »

My benefits were continued after my long-form CDR back in 2015. Received my notice about five weeks after I sent the form in.
Age at Application: 49 (Currently 54)
Disability: Patellofemoral osteoarthritis both knees; Osteoarthritis left hip
Applied: 04/2012
Approved: 07/2012
Award Letter Received: 08/2012

Krista513

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 07:10:27 AM »
Took me 6 months to get something back after mailing the short form back. I received the long form.. im only 25 and have been disabled since i was 21.. so not much of a surprise. 2 months after sending the kong form in i received my continuance letter

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.