Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 01:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Unable to get into my Social Security Site suddenly....  (Read 1241 times)

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
Unable to get into my Social Security Site suddenly....
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:49:01 AM »
My husband and I have been checking the status of his SSDI everyday with no proble
S. He appealed his denial on 11/23/15 and it had been under review to send to a judge for hearing. Yesterday he called SS and they couldn't give him any timeframe as to when his hearing may be scheduled. This morning we checked and the status was updated 3/20/17 that a medical decision had been made and that it was being forwarded to process your decision. Now when we try to check his status it says we are forbidden to that information and to check our URL. What does all that mean? All of the previous information is gone! We are confused!

Salvette

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
Re: Unable to get into my Social Security Site suddenly....
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
Try clearing your history/temp files/cache, closer the page then go to ssa.gov and try again, that type of message usually has to do with your computer, or Terry to lug in from mobile device

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »
My husband called the 800 number and they told him that once we start SSDI hearing proceedings we cannot check the status. We've been checking it everyday since November! Something is messed up!

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
Call the ODAR (Office of Disability Adjudication and Review) to which the case is assigned; they MAY be able to give you some different information.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 04:29:52 AM »
We've been told by our lawyer and the My Social Security website that a decision had been made and we should be hearing something soon. Then yesterday I was unable to check the status of his SSDI claim. Now this morning when I checked the status, it went back to as if he never applied for SSDI. It shows all the amounts he could make if he retired at 67 or how much he would make if he became disabled at this time. I am so confused!  :Main20: :Main20: :Main20:

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:29 AM »
We've been told by our lawyer and the My Social Security website that a decision had been made and we should be hearing something soon. Then yesterday I was unable to check the status of his SSDI claim. Now this morning when I checked the status, it went back to as if he never applied for SSDI. It shows all the amounts he could make if he retired at 67 or how much he would make if he became disabled at this time. I am so confused!  :Main20: :Main20: :Main20:

If he were at a different stage of the process, I'd say it could mean an approval or denial, but since he is waiting for a hearing, in all likelihood it signals an approval.  You need to wait for either a letter or the website to update again.  Try and be patient.

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »
Has anyone had a problem getting into their "My Social Security" website?

Salvette

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »

If he were at a different stage of the process, I'd say it could mean an approval or denial, but since he is waiting for a hearing, in all likelihood it signals an approval.  You need to wait for either a letter or the website to update again.  Try and be patient.

I thought that when the page reverts back to what your benefits would be I'd disabled, etc, that many in all likelihood that you were denied??

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

I thought that when the page reverts back to what your benefits would be I'd disabled, etc, that many in all likelihood that you were denied??

It's happened temporarily for approvals and denials.  And the OP's husband can't have a denial, he was waiting for a hearing to be scheduled.

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »
Now I checked his status and it changed from hearing status to initial status......going back to the dat of 8/17 qt when we initially applied for SSDI. Are they working on his payment back pay?

Jmula423

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
That's 8/17/15

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202337
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 32
Total: 34

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.