Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 01:31:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Orlando, Florida Waiting Period...  (Read 1114 times)

HusbandStillWaiting

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Orlando, Florida Waiting Period...
« on: March 24, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »
I have been searching on this website for years and never came across anyone that was from the Orlando area. I'd like to offer some info....since my husband filed on 6/1/14..he just had his ALJ hearing last week (3/2017). He was 1st denied, then denied at the reconsideration stage. Then he hired an attorney for help, since Orlando is soooooo backed up with cases, he was transferred to Tampa. He had his hearing in another county in north Florida, no where near Tampa. This is how backed up social security is with there hearing case load.

If you just filed and got denied...plan on waiting about 3+ years for resolution in this area. I can only hope this will all come to an end very soon for us as being out of work with no income from him, has been a struggle.

I hope this message reaches those in this area and helps you understand the true wait times. The times posted on the websites are out of date. It's not 24 or 28 months...it's more like 36 months +  

Good luck to you all :SSA03:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:51:53 PM by Just Me »

mduncan12088

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
  • I desire to LIVE !!!!!!
Re: Orlando, Florida Waiting Period...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »
Hey there I can definitely feel your frustration. I'm in Broward county FL very close to you all. Has he received his decision as of yet ? I'm actually at the next step I'm fully favorable but now waiting for award letter. As of today its been 21 days at some processing center in Baltimore and they love to remind you it can take up to 60 DAYS .
Live like never before !!!!!

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »
Hey there I can definitely feel your frustration. I'm in Broward county FL very close to you all. Has he received his decision as of yet ? I'm actually at the next step I'm fully favorable but now waiting for award letter. As of today its been 21 days at some processing center in Baltimore and they love to remind you it can take up to 60 DAYS .

There is no reason to contact them before 60 or even 90 days.  Why are they needing to remind you of this?  You are just creating more work for an already overwhelmed system.

HusbandStillWaiting

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »
No, no decision yet. 30 days from the hearing will be this week.

mduncan12088

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
  • I desire to LIVE !!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:22 AM »
Hey there hows it going any update ???? I'm now seeing on my ssa web page that I am active and receiving but NO $$$amounts
Live like never before !!!!!

HusbandStillWaiting

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
No, no new update. Called ODAR the other day and was told it hasn't even been assigned to the Judge's team to look over yet. That's the next stage after the hearing. Then when the team looks it over, the Judge signs it if he approves.

I wonder if the person who answers the phone at Social Security ever needed to apply themselves, if they could wait 3+ years without any pay. When you call & ask them a question it's like they are doing you a favor to do their job which is to answer the phone and help us.

It's pathetic to have 100 Doc's state you are disabled and cannot work, yet...you have to prove you can't work in less than an hour in a stressful meeting (you waited years for) and hope the Judge is having a "good" day. I'm over this whole thing.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »
SS has tried to keep claimants better informed with access online, but it seems to have backfired and made claimants even less patient.  There is a hiring freeze. They were already understaffed. By the time a staff member can tell you anything, the website will be updated within a day or two anyway. You are creating more unnecessary work for a system that is already stressed.  60-90 days to receive a decision is not unusual.

I hope you're not serious about having evidence from 100 docs.  Approval requires quality of evidence, not quantity.  Having a doctor state you're disabled and can't work is not the info that SS needs to approve a claimant.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 227
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »
SS has tried to keep claimants better informed with access online, but it seems to have backfired and made claimants even less patient.  There is a hiring freeze. They were already understaffed. By the time a staff member can tell you anything, the website will be updated within a day or two anyway. You are creating more unnecessary work for a system that is already stressed.  60-90 days to receive a decision is not unusual.

I hope you're not serious about having evidence from 100 docs.  Approval requires quality of evidence, not quantity.  Having a doctor state you're disabled and can't work is not the info that SS needs to approve a claimant.

The President's Federal Hiring freeze was actually lifted on Wednesday.  However, some Federal agencies are still not hiring because they may have to cut their staff over the next 2 years & until the budget is approved & plans on how to reduce staff are complete this summer, they can't hire new employees.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 11:41:08 PM by Helper »

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
My understanding from my rep was ODAR and VA will be able to add people to their staff.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

Howudoinralphie

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
  • "Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 09:49:48 PM »
I have been searching on this website for years and never came across anyone that was from the Orlando area. I'd like to offer some info....since my husband filed on 6/1/14..he just had his ALJ hearing last week (3/2017). He was 1st denied, then denied at the reconsideration stage. Then he hired an attorney for help, since Orlando is soooooo backed up with cases, he was transferred to Tampa. He had his hearing in another county in north Florida, no where near Tampa. This is how backed up social security is with there hearing case load.

If you just filed and got denied...plan on waiting about 3+ years for resolution in this area. I can only hope this will all come to an end very soon for us as being out of work with no income from him, has been a struggle.

I hope this message reaches those in this area and helps you understand the true wait times. The times posted on the websites are out of date. It's not 24 or 28 months...it's more like 36 months +  

Good luck to you all :SSA03:

Hey you have a new friend south of you in Broward/Palm Beach county....Any thing I can do to help you and your family just let me know. just PM me and I will give you my cell # to answer any questions about what my 7 yr experience was if it helps.

I just ended a 7 YR battle with the SSDI journey. 3 hearings with 2 different judges and 2 federal remands, I will back you up when you tell it like it is and that it is going to be a longer fight than expected. Some much quicker than others because every case is unique and you might get a compassionate ALJ who goes by the factual information and can understand real life issues and how to apply it to your case.

Fully favorable bench decision after 7yrs ......Grateful to the degree In which I will never take for granted...............
"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202337
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 26
Total: 29

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.