Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:27:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: What happened since 2010?  (Read 455 times)

Survivor Rep Payee

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
What happened since 2010?
« on: March 31, 2017, 03:13:15 PM »
I have never had such difficulty with Social Security until this recent year. Maybe I was not very informed but I feel like when I first applied for Survivors benefits back in 2010 the process was very simple!
I was told about the benefits from my mom after my fiance died in July of 2010. I was able to make a phone call to SSA and did a phone application or interview of some sort. They were able to get the death certificate from the mortuary and everything. The agent made me an appointment to come in and bring just my sons birth certificate and the declaration of paternity papers signed when he was born. I applied in August of 2010 and by October 2010 I received my first check which they dated back to the day of his death plus the $250 funeral expense. I never had any issue and was surprised how easy it was to apply and get things set up.
But recently, my God! I can never get a hold of anyone. They refuse to make appointments. They tell conflicting stories and it is just a wreck.
What happened?

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 234
Re: What happened since 2010?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
There is currently a hiring freeze on government employees - including SSA employees.  As a result, many offices are understaffed. 

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.