Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 08:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Dismissal Notice Question  (Read 893 times)

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
Dismissal Notice Question
« on: April 05, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
Hi all,
I received a Dismissal Notice on 4/4/2017 again stating a fully favorable decision, so I never had to go in front of an ALJ. But in the Dismissal notice they said I received the Award letter on 3/16/2017 - but I thought the Award Letter told you what kind of monies you were going to get? All I got on 3/16/2017 was the notice letting me know I won, but no figures.

Also I went to my local SSA office on Monday and waited and went in and gave my marriage cert, my daughters birth cert, and ss card - they had me set up for a phone interview on Monday 4/10 but I know they needed this info so I figured why wait another week just go.

Now online it went from my local SSA field office address to:
ODO/PC7
I-M-28 1ST FL SW BLDG
1500 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21241

Is this where they cut the checks from - or do the electronic deposits from? The lady at SSA said my back pay was over 50k so they don't do it from their office. And she said the older cases get priority because the people have been waiting longer - now she could have said that just to get me out but one can only hope.
Paul :-)
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
Re: Dismissal Notice Question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:05:18 PM »
BTW what does OTR and VSU stand for? OTR i am guessing is on the record???? but VSU I have no clue

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
BTW what does OTR and VSU stand for? OTR i am guessing is on the record???? but VSU I have no clue

You are correct that OTR is on the record. VSU is virtual screening unit.

From an older document but it has a description:

"We are building upon the success of our senior attorney adjudicators this fiscal year by deploying a Virtual Screening Unit (VSU) of 100 senior attorney adjudicators to assist our most heavily backlogged hearing offices. These senior attorney adjudicators who are from hearing offices throughout the country screen electronic cases and write favorable decisions that result from the screening. The VSU started screening cases in November 2009 and went into full production in January 2010. So far, the VSU has screened 19,547 cases and issued 5,757 favorable decisions, while referring 239 cases to ALJs for favorable decisions. The VSU's work has resulted in fewer remands to the already burdened DDSs. The VSU has assisted 43 hearing offices."

https://www.ssa.gov/legislation/testimony_042710.html

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
OK what about this:

Hi all,
I received a Dismissal Notice on 4/4/2017 again stating a fully favorable decision, so I never had to go in front of an ALJ. But in the Dismissal notice they said I received the Award letter on 3/16/2017 - but I thought the Award Letter told you what kind of monies you were going to get? All I got on 3/16/2017 was the notice letting me know I won, but no figures.

Also I went to my local SSA office on Monday and waited and went in and gave my marriage cert, my daughters birth cert, and ss card - they had me set up for a phone interview on Monday 4/10 but I know they needed this info so I figured why wait another week just go.

ODO/PC7
I-M-28 1ST FL SW BLDG
1500 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21241

Is this where they cut the checks from - or do the electronic deposits from? The lady at SSA said my back pay was over 50k so they don't do it from their office. And she said the older cases get priority because the people have been waiting longer - now she could have said that just to get me out but one can only hope.

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
Hi all,

ODO/PC7
I-M-28 1ST FL SW BLDG
1500 WOODLAWN DRIVE
BALTIMORE, MD 21241

Hi Paul3597,

When you went to the office with your info, did they allow you to submit it or did they make you come back on 4/10 to submit it?

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 40
Total: 42

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.