Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2017, 01:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Hey there all !!! Approved 3/15/17 and now waiting  (Read 1486 times)

mduncan12088

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
  • I desire to LIVE !!!!!!
Hey there all !!! Approved 3/15/17 and now waiting
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:51:03 AM »
I was approved 3/15/17 I was informed that my case was electronic so a lot of these different departments get your info the very next day, for e.g. My approval letter stated 3/15/17 and I called local SSA office and they said my case was at processing center since 3/16/17 this was interesting!

Anywho I'm located in South Florida and I'm wondering has anyone been approved in 2017 and received any cash? if so what stage were you at  initial app, reconsideration, or hearing ? Bless us with a time line please !!!!! Check out my introduction I have full timeline there of my case . God Bless!!! :Main05:
Live like never before !!!!!

emto3

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: Hey there all !!! Approved 3/15/17 and now waiting
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:46:56 AM »
I was approved Feb 24th after my hearing in Oct 25th 2016. I received my decision letter March 4th.  March 17th the website finally updated with my approval.  March 18 the website had my back pay amounts and it was deposited into my account March 21.  I applied for my kids benefits this past Monday and on Tuesday their backpay was deposited.

joneyrd0114

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 06:29:57 PM »
Emto3, I hope i'm not overstepping my boundaries or being too nosey but I do have a question. I was approved verbally by the judge during my hearing on March 14 and as of now, my claim is in editing. I too have kids that will get back pay and I know that I have to go and complete an auxiliary claim for them but was your children's back pay half of yours or was it based on their eligible amount? I've heard so many tales of how back pay for kids is calculated and just wanted to know. Also, did you already have direct deposit set up or did you get you pack pay on Direct Express? Do they even allow back pay to go on Direct Express. I don't have anything in place yet and was wondering if I should go ahead and open an account or wait for them to contact me about it. Any advice would be greatly accepted.  :Happy21:

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 234
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 06:46:53 PM »
Emto3, I hope i'm not overstepping my boundaries or being too nosey but I do have a question. I was approved verbally by the judge during my hearing on March 14 and as of now, my claim is in editing. I too have kids that will get back pay and I know that I have to go and complete an auxiliary claim for them but was your children's back pay half of yours or was it based on their eligible amount? I've heard so many tales of how back pay for kids is calculated and just wanted to know. Also, did you already have direct deposit set up or did you get you pack pay on Direct Express? Do they even allow back pay to go on Direct Express. I don't have anything in place yet and was wondering if I should go ahead and open an account or wait for them to contact me about it. Any advice would be greatly accepted.  :Happy21:

Your children's payment is 50% of your payment, divided between all eligible children.  So, if your monthly payment is $1,000, then 1 child would get $500 but 2 kids would get $250/each.  However, there is also a family maximum; particularly if you have low earnings or are very young, your children may get less than 50%.  https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/familymax.html
Make sure you read the special rules for disabled worker's https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/dibfamilymax.html

Howudoinralphie

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
  • "Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:37 PM »
I was approved 3/15/17 I was informed that my case was electronic so a lot of these different departments get your info the very next day, for e.g. My approval letter stated 3/15/17 and I called local SSA office and they said my case was at processing center since 3/16/17 this was interesting!

Anywho I'm located in South Florida and I'm wondering has anyone been approved in 2017 and received any cash? if so what stage were you at  initial app, reconsideration, or hearing ? Bless us with a time line please !!!!! Check out my introduction I have full timeline there of my case . God Bless!!! :Main05:

YEP, HELLO FROM BROWARD COUNTY

APPROVED JANUARY 5th STILL WAITING FOR DIME ONE. Its 7yrs worth of back pay, I understand anything over 40,000$ requires 3 signatures and i know its going to take 3 or 4 months....My concern is I still haven't received my monthly payment....Nothing! at least my online SSA profile did update and say finally that I'm receiving disability but no payment dates yet...Im out of the money I borrowed to survive and getting worried....
"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's

mduncan12088

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 2
  • I desire to LIVE !!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 06:43:18 AM »
*Update * 

I received my sons back pay ( April 18 )  but not mine !!!!  .

My lawyer has been paid since April 11 and my first payment is May 17 but no back pay .  :Main02:

Live like never before !!!!!

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 08:48:20 AM »
That seems like a really long wait miy back pay was issued in a little under 30 days of my decision. Letter and my first payment will be starting in May.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
  • Total Members: 9291
  • Latest: Chask7
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202513
  • Total Topics: 19863
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.