Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:08:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: My attorney was selected to become a judge  (Read 1834 times)

RichBap

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
My attorney was selected to become a judge
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:24:27 AM »
I was notified a couple of days ago that my attorney, Anthony Reeves has been appointed a Federal judgeship and he would no longer be working my case. I've only had an attorney after I was initially denied benefits and he started my reconsideration on Jan 17. He did inform Social Security and he did waive all of his fees.

Should I wait until after or should I find a new attorney before the decision is made on the reconsideration?

Thanks for any advice
Rich

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
Re: My attorney was selected to become a judge
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 06:53:15 AM »
It is a personal decision.  Has all the paperwork been filed & you are just waiting on a decision from SSA? 

You may want to at least start interviewing new representatives now so you know who you want to select if you decide to hire another one.

One option is you may be able to get a representative to agree to represent you at the ALJ hearing stage (if necessary) now but agree to not take any payments if you are approved at Reconsideration since they did not do the Reconsideration for you.  Another poster hired a representative after he filed he initial application & returned all the forms & was just waiting for a decision; his representative agreed to not take a fee if the initial application was approved (& it was & the rep did not take a fee).  Obviously, make sure any agreement of this type is in writing & you have a copy!!!!

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
Re: My attorney was selected to become a judge
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 11:25:54 AM »
From the attorneys that I interviewed with, they took no fee until after recon was denied.  I was under the impression that attorneys don't do much other then prepare for hearing after reconsideration has been denied.
😊

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 60
Total: 66

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.