Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 01:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: 12 PLUS YEARS OF FIGHTING. FULLY FAVORABLE !!!!!!  (Read 1950 times)

sodone

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
12 PLUS YEARS OF FIGHTING. FULLY FAVORABLE !!!!!!
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:54 AM »
Finally
 Filed 11/2004.   8 hearings, 7 appeal court remands 1 federal court remand, all on the initial case. fully favorable.
hearing 12/2016.
            2/2017 judge offered change of onset date.   agreed  (lost 2 years of back pay)
             4/17  fully favorable letter received.

10 years of back pay.

so for all of you out there don't ever give up. 

i will update more later.

im sure I will be waiting a long time for back pay but thats ok. just glad its over.

good luck to all !!!!!!

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
Re: 12 PLUS YEARS OF FIGHTING. FULLY FAVORABLE !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:58:48 AM »
That is GREAT NEWS!!!

:Celebrate13: :Celebrate13: :Celebrate13:

Of course I'm sorry it took so long, that is a shame.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 01:49:31 PM »
Cheers!!   I will celebrate with you I received my written decision in the mail today. Mine was fully favorable going back to 10/2013.  I agree you can never give up.

No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:41:09 AM »
Congrat sodone I'm sure this story will be helpful to many. Hopefully Glyn read this one.
😊

anxiety45

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 11
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 09:23:52 AM »
Chris,

Wow, I am amazed that you stuck it out as long as you did, Congrats!!!
 :Kudos03: :Kudos04: :Kudos02:

Howudoinralphie

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
  • "Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »
Finally
 Filed 11/2004.   8 hearings, 7 appeal court remands 1 federal court remand, all on the initial case. fully favorable.
hearing 12/2016.
            2/2017 judge offered change of onset date.   agreed  (lost 2 years of back pay)
             4/17  fully favorable letter received.

10 years of back pay.

so for all of you out there don't ever give up. 

i will update more later.

I'm sure I will be waiting a long time for back pay but that's OK. just glad its over.

good luck to all !!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR POST THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT MY FRIEND!!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP......JUST DO IT!!!!!! WOW I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

You and I have something in common.

....WE NEVER GAVE UP after My 7 yr fight I had gone through multiple process denials and 3 ALJ hearings with 2 different judges. 2 federal remands YEP I SAID 2.....I finally found an ALJ that APPLIED  the FACTS of the case and not cherry pick what he liked and didn't. The federal remand #2 judicial findings stated that "there was an obvious lack of UNDERSTANDING OF criteria and ability to apply factual evidence" .... received a new judge with my 3rd hearing....My god he gave me a FULLY FAVORABLE bench decision and they had to carry me out of the hearing room because I had a complete emotional meltdown right there in the courtroom...I HAD TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE SECURITY OFFICERS .....I let out 7+years of EMOTIONAL hell and I had every right to in my book! I was told that the occupational assessment person stationed in that hearing was crying as well. I was then told by my attorney and my Psychiatrist (who testified in open court for me) that the judge himself said that there was "no reason in god's name to have put this man through this".  THEN HE GAVE ME AN ONSET DATE OF 1997 ......19 yrs! Of Course we all know that the back pay for me only goes to one year prior to the filing date, but that is almost 8 yrs of backpay that I didn't expect and am eternally grateful for and will never take this experience for granted .....NEVER EVER ..... :Main16: DONT EVER GIVE UP
"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's

poppy

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 8
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »
Hate me if you want but this seems so wrong. If it took 12 plus years to find you disabled, how disabled could you have been? I don't get it, I really don't. I also think back pay should be limited so windfalls don't happen. I truly don't get it.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
Hate me if you want but this seems so wrong. If it took 12 plus years to find you disabled, how disabled could you have been? I don't get it, I really don't. I also think back pay should be limited so windfalls don't happen. I truly don't get it.

Unless you've reviewed a claimant's file it is impossible to judge.  There truly are outlier ALJ's that have too low of approval ratings, as well as those with too high of approval ratings.  The system is setup to reward attorneys for delaying the process, and some are frankly just bad or lazy.  CE's can be highly inaccurate.  Some ME's are strangely biased.  And keep in mind that there are some impairments that are rarely approved the ALJ stage.  

People lose everything they've built over a lifetime. Backpay can help recover some of that, but it isn't like winning the lotto.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 12:12:45 PM by newdawn »

Frenchfry

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 11:28:16 AM »
Wow!!!! Congratulations!
What a journey, and you stuck it through!
What gave you the drive to keep fighting?

I was approved (after an initial denial, than a AJL hearing) 2.5 years from when I applied, and that wait felt like foreverrrrr.

Enjoy the mighty big chunk of backpay

sodone

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »
at Kat.  really!!!  I was actually approved on my initial application.  went to quality review and was denied from there. i would say 8 years was just waiting to get scheduled. cancelled hearings.  rescheduled hearings from remand from fed court was 3 year wait.  Lowest approval rate judges.  Missing audio tapes from hearing.  Delays delays delays. its crazy what they do to people.  And again don't you dare judge anybody when you have NO CLUE.

poppy

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 8
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
I have several clues.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 271
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 09:54:36 PM »
There is no reason to snipe at one another.

BTW, it is a common practice for some attorneys to drop their clients when assigned certain ALJ's, which is pretty telling.

Howudoinralphie

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 6
  • "Leave the Gun, take the Canoli's
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 08:22:26 PM »

Wow! ....Really? I'm at a loss for words. The facts are that the system WE pay into has some serious issues as well as attributes and or accolades. Biased judges, overwhelmed system, underpaid and unappreciated staff, biases, and or pitfalls etc...etc...This is where the federal appeals court comes in to play. 4 of my almost 7 yrs of my fight was WAITING.....and waiting......and more waiting with no help from anyone...And Yes I am really truly disabled.....That's HOW DISABLED I am. Your comment was uncalled for and hurtful to those in the fight. Do your homework before lashing out at others please....... It will make your case more palatable
"Leave the Gun, take the Cannoli's

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:41 PM »
howudoingralphie.  :Kudos04: :Kudos04:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:41:37 PM by grove800 »
😊

sodone

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 3
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
howudoingralphie
  well said.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202337
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 28
Total: 31

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.