Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 01:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Early BDay Present!!! FF approval !!!  (Read 385 times)

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
Early BDay Present!!! FF approval !!!
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »
I got my Bday gift early.  My official fully favorable written decison came today!!!  I am so happy and are truely no words to discripe how I feel right now. It has been 3 plus years of agonizing about this and trying to fight a system that is broken.  I feel so deeply for anyone who ever has to go through this.  When you are forced to prove how sick you have become to prevent you from working and you feel like you are under investigation for a crime, then you are arrested and held captive until your ALJ hearing which will convict you of not being sick enough or prove your innocence by awarding your benifits.

I have decided the one thing I can do to give hope to others is keep up my contact with my elected officials and push for reform of the disability process.  There is truely no reason this system should take so long when you are sick and at your lowest point in life.

I am only concerned about the 18 month review on my decision, but I also know my condition has almost no probability to inable me to return to work. So I will just keep my house in order and if need be fight the system again.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
Re: Early BDay Present!!! FF approval !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
 :Happy11: :Celebrate08: :Celebrate08: :Celebrate08: :Main11:
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202337
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 27
Total: 30

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.