Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:53:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: 3 1/2 year battle is over!  (Read 1230 times)

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
3 1/2 year battle is over!
« on: April 15, 2017, 09:48:11 PM »
It is finally over!!!  I received my Fully Favorable Deccision today!!!   It was a Easter blessing and a early birthday present!!!  I am still kind of stunned I knew from my nursing background that I had meet for listings so it was just my irrational fear that for some reason there would be a denial, but I trusted my attorney when she told me after my hearing on 2/6/17 at 9:45 am I would receive a FF decision. 

Just to let you know the ALJ found the 3 CE doctors input to carry very limited weight from the pay Dr and gave NO valadation to the Endocrinologist that did my1st CE.  I knew the doctor CE would be discretided when I read my CD case file. The endocrinologist did not correlate my complications of my accident to 4 decades of being a Juvinal Diabetic, he had sever diagnosis from someone else recorded and he only focused his assessment to be limited to diabetes and ignored the non healing or peripheral neuropathy. He noted that per the VE input I could work a position that would accomadate frequent positions and elevate my legs at least ten minutes of every hour and I could not miss more than 2 days of work per month.  He stated that per the VE there were no jobs in the national economy.

So my advice you are your BEST ADVOCATE!!  You have to fight for the benifits you earned. Don't give up!!  You have to make sure you doctors hear you and they are aware of other doctors you see and what they have had diagnosed you with so your records corolate and are constited.  It doesn't hurt to contact and stay in contact with your elected officials.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

Dwilson3315

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
Re: 3 1/2 year battle is over!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:37:27 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS!  :Main09: :Main09:

waltbarb

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »

Salvette

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 42
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:08:05 PM »
Happy to see you were finally approved! Congratulations! :-)

waltbarb

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:58:53 PM »
From back pay that keeps  $244 A month for food and shelter from my ssi do they keep that money?

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:16:06 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :Main18:
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 10:02:33 PM »
From back pay that keeps  $244 A month for food and shelter from my ssi do they keep that money?

If you are receiving SSI (as back pay or regular payments), the $735 SSI payment is reduced by 1/3rd if you are not paying your fair share of living expenses.  If you start paying your fair share of living expenses (rent etc), then SSA will start paying you the increased amount 2 months later.

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 617
  • Nice Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:11:39 AM »
If you can't prove you paid your fair share of the living expenses, SSA keeps the 1/3 reduction for those months. If/when you can prove you pay your fair share, your monthly SSI will be increased to the full $735 as Helper stated.
Nerve damage in upper and lower extremities. Degenerative Disc Disease, RA.

Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

waltbarb

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »

will  SSI
 increased to the full $735 in come monthly7/1/2017?

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »

will  SSI
 increased to the full $735 in come monthly7/1/2017?

When did you contact SSA & show you are paying your fair share of expenses?  The answer will effect when the increase will take place.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203525
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 42
Total: 45

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.