Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 05:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: New here, fighting SSA just like all of you. Feeling my way around.  (Read 320 times)

KM

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 1
I'm a 51 year old male who was born with Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis (SPG4) and have had symptoms related to running as far back as 9 years old. This is a progressive neurological disorder which has gotten worse but SSA fails to acknowledge my disability status due to a lack of "objectionable evidence" even though my Doctors' have written RFCs claiming I can hardly walk, let alone lift, bend, etc as required by the jobs SSA states I should be doing, so Here I Am! Just like the rest of You! I'm still looking for the place to enter stats and I have skimmed all 73 pages of the SSDFacts' forum regarding issues like mine while I was waiting for a glitch allowing me to register was being fixed. Once I find the stats page prepare to be loaded with questions! And maybe I can toss some useful tidbits out there as well...

Just Me

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 612
  • Nice Administrator
Re: New here, fighting SSA just like all of you. Feeling my way around.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:25:01 AM »
 :Welcome07: :Welcome06:

Your medical records and non medical evidence needs to back up what you doctor wrote on the forms. Non medical evidence is the forms you filled out and other info from you about how your impairments affect your ability to function. Forms from others that help you with your shopping, showering, cooking, etc are also non medical evidence.

How do your impairments affect your ability to do Activities Of Daily Living ? Do you need help showering ? Do you grocery shop ? If you do, do you use an electric cart in the store?  Have you discussed the problems you have doing these activities with your doctor and has your doctor written it in your medical records ? Have you gotten a copy of your medical records and read them ? What type of work did you do ?
Hope the size of a mustard seed can produce Faith that can move mountains.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 273
Re: New here, fighting SSA just like all of you. Feeling my way around.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 11:47:50 AM »
Has your doctor prescribed a cane, walker, chair for the shower, etc.?

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202443
  • Total Topics: 19853
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.