Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 01:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Last question for now...  (Read 373 times)

Mjwhite1

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
Last question for now...
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:39:00 PM »
The medical expert inquired about injuries I have no knowledge of. Is this a trick?

He asked about a ct scan I had, as well as a sprained ankle. I explained the ct scan was for a kidney stone, and then he asked about my past surgeries around my spleen and a broken rib that the ct scan revealed. I explained the sprained ankle, but have never heard anything about my spleen or ribs. I would think I would remember a broken rib right? I searched my copies of my medical record and can't find anything. He also said the ct scan was 2016 and it was 2015. Did he make it up to see if I would play along?

Granted, I did forget to mention the sprained ankle, but when he mentioned it, I remembered immediately.
Disability: Somatic Symptom Disorder with chronic hand pain, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, GAD, PTSD, Mild OCD... 
Onset: 2/18/13 (32)
Applied: 10/05/14 (33) - Denied
Reconsideration: - Denied
A.L.J. Hearing Date: 04/26/17 - Denied 6/10/17
A.C. Appeal - 07/27/17

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 227
Re: Last question for now...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Well, it is possible that someone else's records got mixed in with yours. 

Sometimes x-rays & CT scans can show historic fractures - so a bone that was broken at some point in the past but has since healed.  So, if you had a healed rib fracture on the CT scan report, no one would bother mentioning it to you at the time of the scan because it was healed & unrelated to why you were getting the test.  A single rib fracture is extremely unlikely to meet SSA definition of disability anyway.

Mjwhite1

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »
Well, it is possible that someone else's records got mixed in with yours. 

Sometimes x-rays & CT scans can show historic fractures - so a bone that was broken at some point in the past but has since healed.  So, if you had a healed rib fracture on the CT scan report, no one would bother mentioning it to you at the time of the scan because it was healed & unrelated to why you were getting the test.  A single rib fracture is extremely unlikely to meet SSA definition of disability anyway.

Thanks. I was just curious if it was a trick or if I really had an injury that I have never known about.
Disability: Somatic Symptom Disorder with chronic hand pain, Borderline Personality Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, GAD, PTSD, Mild OCD... 
Onset: 2/18/13 (32)
Applied: 10/05/14 (33) - Denied
Reconsideration: - Denied
A.L.J. Hearing Date: 04/26/17 - Denied 6/10/17
A.C. Appeal - 07/27/17

RNyorkiemom

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 12
  • Burlington NC and GSO ODAR office
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:23:59 PM »
I had the same issue T initial and recon. I had conditions that were not mine and they also had mispellings of actual conditions I do have. 

It is a screwed up mess.  You have peple who rush and in my option rubber stamp cases. What I learned is DDS have the proper way to process things and then that DDS office practices for cases.
No matter what happens in life try to smile and beleive every thing will be ok!!!  Then smile vs cry!!!!   😅😅😅😅😂

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202337
  • Total Topics: 19842
  • Online Today: 42
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 32
Total: 34

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.