Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Short form cdr status terminology from customer service  (Read 1162 times)

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
Short form cdr status terminology from customer service
« on: May 05, 2017, 09:22:45 AM »
Long story short. Been disabled since 2012. Had long form in 2014 and approved. Received short form in February this year. I made a mistake on it (used lowercase letters) and called local office to ask for new copy and they mailed a long form. I was not going to use the long form. Plus, long form did not have anything of mine on it, was just a generic long form printout. I decided to white out on my original short form 455, as I had read it's been successfully done before, and sent that in. They received it Feb 21st per usps tracking confirmation.

It's nearly 90 days so I call 800 number and they have nothing on it, and refer me to local office. Local office said "decision pending". Is this standard terminology for short form processing or does it mean mine got kicked out of computer for human review?

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280
Re: Short form cdr status terminology from customer service
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
It's not unusual for it to take 6 months to receive a continuation of benefits notification on a short form. 

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 08:03:15 AM »
Do the cdr decisions come from local office?

steve

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »
Lit-Love is correct...I received my short form in October 2016 and received the letter saying that they don't have to review my case at this time last month which was a little more than 6 month's which pretty much seems the norm for receiving the letter...

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 10:05:19 AM »
Well, I got the long form today with all my info on it and an appt at local office to turn it in and I'm going to get my medical records like last time. I'm not really worried. I've been in pain management physical therapy for two or 3 years and go every week and we rotate body parts every couple months, as I have bad neck, both shoulders, and back. Have all my mri's etc to prove it. Also, had neck and back epidurals this year, which did not work and am continuing treatments for them, and take opoid rx for pain. Also have "pain disorder depression" which I see psych dr 3 times a year for meds. One thing that concerns me is I just saw her this week and she said I'm smiling more. Do you think that could be significant enough to cause problems with cdr if it's documented? Anyways, time to start gathering my records. I went through this in 2014 and passed and received decision in just a couple weeks most likely because I turned in all my medical records so they didn't need to get them. All except for psych dr records because dr wouldn't give them to me. Not sure what was in them and I'm seeing a new psych dr since then and also not sure what is in them.

Do you think the smiling comment could be harmful to me?

Also, should long form 454 remarks section be left blank like the short form should?

Does it matter how detailed I am in the daily activities section?

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
All long forms are reviewed by a human, so you can write in the comment box.

The more details you provide in the daily activity section the better, in my opinion.  For example, if you use any medical equipment to accomplish an activity (shower bench etc), make sure you state that you use X.

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »
Thanks. I just got my pain managament doctor records, which is where I also go to for pt and the ROS section that shows all my problems and a long list of "patient denies.....diareah, problems swallowing" and a whole other bunch of stuff but it also says patient denies depression. My pain doctor has never asked me any of those questions, and I never have denied it because it hasn't come up. But his records do show that I take a couple meds that are depression meds such as prozac, which I get from my psychiatrist. Do you think this notation that patient denies depression will be an issue?

Also, I have hundreds of pages of PT and pain dr records that go back about 3 years. Should I take all of them in and see what they want or just last 12 months?

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »
What is the difference between a long form and a short form?

And when do they come?
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 06:00:52 PM »
What is the difference between a long form and a short form?

And when do they come?

The short form only has 6 questions.  The long former is a full review where they get copies of your medical records. 

Look at your approval letter for your CDR frequency.  It can be 1 year, 3 years, or 5-7 years.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 58
Total: 63

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.