Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??  (Read 447 times)

Piglets Mom

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??
« on: May 10, 2017, 03:38:38 PM »
Hi

I appreciate this blog. I am on my 2nd CDR since starting SSDI 6 yrs ago for mental illness. Since then..they have requested to speak directly with and have them fill out a form. This occured with 2 different part time jobs. Once not related to a CDR and the other time was during my first CDR. GRRRR!!! I am fortunate I had bosses I could confide in & they wont try to sabotage me. 

Moving on to my 2nd CDR. The Examiner called me & asked if they could talk to my Supervisor. I am not on the best terms w/ this boss and she lives in another state & may not have reason to say I am disabled..cant do the job..need special accomodations..etc because I can make my own hrs and only work 1-2 days a week and luckily dont report to only one worksite. I have been on job under a yr and she has not exp one of my episodes and I have been able to get my work done. I have only seen her 4x in person & we communicate via phone.

I am just baffled they want to talk to yet another one of my bosses. Is this normal? The last 2 they talked to could attest to my episodes and I worked closer w them & could trust them. This one already has made deragatory comments about "people on welfare"..I have not disclosed my disability to her.

Of course I gave SSD her contact info & now I need to figure out what to say to her :( 

Have they contacted your bosses directly? I should have just referred them to HR.

Thanks!

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240
Re: Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »
How close to SGA are you working?  SSA has to make sure that you are choosing to work under SGA due to your medical condition - not due to the limited availability of hours with your job or because you want to work part-time.  If you are going to work & receive benefits, SSA is going to need to know about what accommodations you are receiving to work & whether you are able yo work more hours.

Piglets Mom

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Re: Contact Work Supervisor During CDR??
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:11:35 PM »
Hi Helper!

Thanks so much for the reply. I am working under $600 mo. and I went 20.00 over SGA 1x last year when manic. I had 2 PT jobs at that time. I was not on this job then. I see where u are coming from..this line of thinking.  I had started & quit 6 PT jobs last year. I have been on this job 8 months. The nature of the job gives me tons of flexibility & dont have to be in a "specific spot" where someone is waiting on me.  This boss does not even know I am on disability. HR does. I have worked off & on for this company in various roles for 3.5 yrs.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203525
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 45
Total: 49

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.