Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:03:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Progress  (Read 940 times)

bevg

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 15
Progress
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »
My SSA updated saying my file has been sent to an ALJ to review.  Biding know what that means really but maybe I am closer to my hearing.  Do they ever deny the hearing request?
Bev

waiting so long

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 9
Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
mine updated like that to but there was also a date and location. then about two weeks later i got the notice explaining everything. and later i got a letter from the judge's office how he would run this hearing. it did say if there were drugs or alcohol involved they would dismiss my case. well there is not drugs or alcohol involved but that's the way he/she ran there courtroom.

bevg

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
Lol. I rarely drink and my only drugs are the ones I have prescribed by my doctor for pain. I assume that would mean some type of drug or alcohol ABUSE. I am totally not concerned about that. I can totally understand if abuse was the cause of or kept a person from getting well that a denial would be the right thing.  Like you, I am not concerned with that.
Bev

bevg

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »
I got forms from SSA today for medical release that stated as soon as everything was in my file would be reviewed to see if a fully favorable decision could be made.  If not then hearing would be scheduled.  I will be calling my rep again tomorrow to determine what I need to do.  I am just happy that something is moving e enough though it is at a snails pace.  I would love to reach the end of this process. I know a lot of y'all feel the same.
Bev

bevg

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »
As advised by helpful folks here, I kept copies of everything sent to SSA.  I'm glad I did because I had to fill in another work history pre hearing.  It was a lot easier than having to dig through stuff for my old resume.          HINT!!!!!   Keep copies of everything!  I am happy I did.       What a pain. Wish I could just write that nothing has changed.  I had to do a new medication list.  4 spaces was not adequate.  I attached a sheet.  What needs to go on the attachment other than full name and ss number?
Bev

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:23:52 PM »
Movement is always good...but like you said a snails pace..... but it's still movement regardless how slow.

Hoping the best for you!!
Paul :-)
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:39:59 PM »
I did receive a similar letter and you will not like my response,  Keep in mind every case is different and state.  Mine for Illinois was the letter came in January of 15.  I did not hear anything until October then scheduled for hearing in January of 16.  Hopefully things move faster for you.
😊

bevg

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »
I sure hope it does not take another year.  I tried to apply for early retirement o like g.  No go.  I had to make appointment with local office and go in to apply.  What a pia.  At least they were not busy so I was done fast.  Lady was really nice.  They had strips of heavy plexiglass on the Windows.  When I commented on it she said people have tried to come through the window when angry.  That is too sad!
Bev

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.