Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: I GOT IT!!!  (Read 837 times)

TraceyJuliet

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 38
I GOT IT!!!
« on: May 15, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
Hey guys - today my Medicaid card arrived in the mail!!  They did not penalize me for a seven day delay in the forms I mailed in. For four days I was suffering from anxiety and mini panic attacks, convinced all the post op medical care I needed would be taken away.

PRAYER. People praying for me. Me praying. The next day, anxiety gone. Free. And here I am with health insurance. So thankful. So thankful to God. Thankful for you guys and this forum.
I survived the 80's, drug rehab, twins, and divorce. None of those things were as stressful as the disability process.

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
Re: I GOT IT!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:10:34 AM »
Glad to here you got the insurance.
😊

rona8

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »
Happy you now have insurance what a relief it is

Edmo1961

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
  • Monkey Strong
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »
Tracey...you mean you haven't received you back pay yet?  What the heck is the hold up?  That's ridiculous.  I filed back in March and hope to have my appts completed by Aug.  Then SSA will make a decision.  I was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzhiemer's in Feb.  I'm hoping to get approved in Aug/Sept but I really need that back pay soon after.  Now I'm gonna be holding my breath that it doesn't take as long as yours but I'm sure it will.  I've read on here where people have received their back pay a few days after receiving their award letter!  There's definitely no consistency.  Congrats to you!   
edmo1961

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »
Tracey...you mean you haven't received you back pay yet?  What the heck is the hold up?  That's ridiculous.  I filed back in March and hope to have my appts completed by Aug.  Then SSA will make a decision.  I was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzhiemer's in Feb.  I'm hoping to get approved in Aug/Sept but I really need that back pay soon after.  Now I'm gonna be holding my breath that it doesn't take as long as yours but I'm sure it will.  I've read on here where people have received their back pay a few days after receiving their award letter!  There's definitely no consistency.  Congrats to you!   

It is a different process when someone receives a large amount of backpay like TJ.  But this thread is about Medicaid

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203525
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 45
Total: 48

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.