Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: How many pages of my records should I turn in for cdr? I have hundreds....  (Read 538 times)

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
Got the long form and have appt at local office in a week to turn it in and my records. My physical therapy records going back 12 months are about 300-400 pages. Should I turn them all in or do they allow me to bring in a flash drive to let them just get them digitally from me? I definitely need to turn these in as they are my main treatments year round and it's combined with my pain management doctor.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280
You don't have to supply them, you can have SS request them directly.  Confirm the correct mailing address from your provider if you choose to do so because they oftentimes have a different address for records.  No, a flash drive will not be allowed, nor an email.  You can fax to them, but you should request a cover sheet with a bar code if you do from your adjudicator first.

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
You don't have to supply them, you can have SS request them directly.  Confirm the correct mailing address from your provider if you choose to do so because they oftentimes have a different address for records.  No, a flash drive will not be allowed, nor an email.  You can fax to them, but you should request a cover sheet with a bar code if you do from your adjudicator first.

The instructions are to bring what you have and I prefer doing so because it sped my last cdr up. I received my decision in two weeks. Thanks for that info about the bar code cover letter. Didn't know that.

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
I think 400 pages will weigh too much for me. I'll probably just go back to the first of the year which would be about 150 pages. They can get the rest if they want.

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 568
"Should I turn them all in or do they allow me to bring in a flash drive to let them just get them digitally from me?"  Original post this thread.

There is no way SSA will let your thumb drive within 10 feet of their computer system.  Likewise, adjudicators are not going to be happy with 400 pages that say almost the same thing.  The idea of 150 pages is much better.  Even better would be to get the summaries that the therapist gave the doctor.  You don't think the doctor reads every page of your therapy records, do you?  You can supplement this by listing the dates and purpose of each PT visit. 

For example:

Monday    D/M/Y     Worked on...
Wed      D/M/Y     Worked on...
Fri      D/M/Y     Tried new...  Made me...

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
"Should I turn them all in or do they allow me to bring in a flash drive to let them just get them digitally from me?"  Original post this thread.

There is no way SSA will let your thumb drive within 10 feet of their computer system.  Likewise, adjudicators are not going to be happy with 400 pages that say almost the same thing.  The idea of 150 pages is much better.  Even better would be to get the summaries that the therapist gave the doctor.  You don't think the doctor reads every page of your therapy records, do you?  You can supplement this by listing the dates and purpose of each PT visit. 

For example:

I feel like getting the summaries only may look suspicious to them. The pages are numbered at the bottom and if they see missing pages, it may look like I'm trying to hide something? That would be my thought process.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 240

For example:

I feel like getting the summaries only may look suspicious to them. The pages are numbered at the bottom and if they see missing pages, it may look like I'm trying to hide something? That would be my thought process.

They can always request the full records if they want them.  The monthly re-evaluation progress note is probably suffucient to show your condition.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280

For example:

With the initial application you aren't supposed to submit partial records.  It creates more work for them to have to go through duplicate records trying to determine what needs to be added or removed.  I don't know if the same rules apply during a CDR or not?  If you want to just submit summaries, I'd speak with your adjudicator first.

biggs

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
I think just submitting summaries with missing pages will look suspicious. I'm going to submit everything going back 3 months or so and just let them know there are 900 more pages if they wish to get them.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 63
Total: 67

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.