Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Lawyer contact SSA on my behalf  (Read 751 times)

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
Lawyer contact SSA on my behalf
« on: May 18, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »
Questions - my lawyer contacted SSA on my behalf and I assume hers too since she hasn't been paid yet either. She was informed that as of the 11th of this month May - my "Dire Need" case was being "worked on" and there was nothing they could do until it shows completed or I guess my SSA account gets updated with some kind of information.
Has anyone heard of that? And what does that mean they are working on the Award Letter - which I know can go back and forth until its right - how long does that process take on average  (as long as needed)? Any input would be appreciated.

FYI - the lawyer is out of town for a week and sent an email to me before she left with the info above and no other explanation - I really should ask her these questions but she won't be around so I thought I would ask you guys, as I sit and pull my hair out of my head.  :Main03:
Paul :-)
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
Re: Lawyer contact SSA on my behalf
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:36:29 PM »
Sorry Paul no way of knowing the timeline.  Maybe someone else might.  I usually don't respond unless I can be helpful but I don't want you to pull all your hair out.
😊

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
Well here is an update - the girl at my local Senators office did nothing - made no Congressional inquiry into my case at all. I found this out when my lawyer got back into town and told me they a=have received nothing from the Senators office. So I called the Senators office and the girl that was helping me is no longer there they said they would have someone call me in a couple of days. Later that day I got a phone call from one of the Congressional Aids who told me he would call everyday until something was done. Well as of this morning, my entire My SSA account has been updated, All my direct deposit info is there now, by benefits letter showing the amount of my monthly benefit, I am enrolled in Medicare as of June 1st, My deposit date is the 4th wed of every month, and it says I am now Actively receiving Disability.

Now there are no amount in there yet or spots that I have heard about for one time payments for back pay and such - but this is a great start and I have to assume that next week will only get better.

newdawn

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 91
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »
Happy things are starting to update online for you!
Age at Application: 31
Disability: Depression, anxiety
Applied: 11/2013
First Denial: 03/2014
Reconsideration Denial: 11/2014
Hearing: 11/13/15 (Friday the 13th!)
ALJ Approval: 01/15/16 Fully Favorable
Back Pay: 02/13/16
Award Letter: 02/17/16
1st monthly benefit: 03/21/16

stellamartin123

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:56:17 PM »
Congrats!  I've had a similar experience where I need to ask my congressman for an update on my case in order for them to take action.

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 12:53:33 PM »
It still puzzles me why Congressional Inquiries need to be made to get something moving.

Lit Love

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 280
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 01:21:31 PM »
It still puzzles me why Congressional Inquiries need to be made to get something moving.

Part of the problem is an inefficient system, including walled off software systems that make tracking problems complicated, but also a lack of enough highly trained personnel.  (If they have had an investment in their hardware and software during the past few years, I've never heard about it.)  Cases that are complicated are uncommon, as are cases that get left off a list and are stuck in limbo.  There may only be a few people at each office that can untangle those issues along with all their other duties.  And, apparently, new policy is no longer allowing manager to manager calls in some scenarios, which will create even more delays.  As older staff retires, the system is stretched thinner and tighter I would imagine.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 203527
  • Total Topics: 19963
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.