Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Maryland Address??  (Read 774 times)

*Hopeful*

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
Maryland Address??
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:02:46 PM »
I received my ALJ approval letter two weeks ago and now today my SSA website account says this:

"Your appeal for disability benefits is currently processing"
  ODO/P7  I-M-28 1st Fl SW BLDG
  1500 Woodlawn Drive, Baltimore MD 21241

Is this payments processing or is it for several different venues? I'm hoping I'm getting closer to the finish line. I have NOT received my benefits approval letter yet with my breakdown of payments. Tyoa!

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
Re: Maryland Address??
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 10:50:27 PM »
We're close on timelines. Mine just changed to this address on 8/7.  I went to SSA on 8/10 to put in dependents and they told me to wait until I received award letter to avoid delays.

*Hopeful*

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:36:57 PM »
When my payment showed online I went in and put my kids application in on a Monday first thing. She called me Thursday to say it was officially in the system and I had their back pay the very next day. I still do not have my ward letter or back pay.

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
Wow! I checked myssa 8/12 and the status has changed predated 8/14 to Step 3 of 3 decision made you are approved.  It then says to check verification of benefits but when I do nothing is there. I guess I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

*Hopeful*

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:37:40 PM »
I would check at least once a day online because it can change or call your local office. Mine still doesn't say approved but a decision was made, I know that I was approved, but the system is just slow.CONGRATS!

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 07:41:10 PM »
Thanks!  I just knew yours would be at approved since you're moving along about 1-2 weeks ahead of me.  I am shocked things are moving even this quick.  I was expecting my letter between September - November as that is what my rep told me because of the fiscal year. So to get my approval letter 3 weeks after hearing was wild to me.

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »
You were right.  Every thing updated this morning.  I'm receiving a paper check so I have to provide direct deposit.

*Hopeful*

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
Congrats!! We are very close in dates. I am still waiting on my Benefits award letter. I talked to SSA @ the 1-800 number and he said it's on it's way dated August 15th, but it's still not here. All this waiting is nerve wracking!!

Paul3597

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 15
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
But its a good kind of nerve wracking...remember you won!!!! So Congrats on that!!!

And yes from what I understand the payment center is the Woodlawn Address in Maryland.

The SSA sight is different for everyone, sometimes it updates before you get any paperwork and sometimes you get the paperwork before it updates. Mine still shows I haven't received my back pay even though I got it months ago.

Make sure you set up Direct Deposit it is so much easier and faster too, whatever your birthday falls on depends on what Wednesday you get your benefits - for me its the fourth Wednesday of the month but the money gets deposited by !:00am that night like clockwork and is available immediately.

Again congrats on the approval and enjoy your victory.
Paul :-)
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 03:15:20 PM »
I talked to SSA @ the 1-800 number and he said it's on it's way dated August 15th, but it's still not here. All this waiting is nerve wracking!!

No award letter for me yet either.  I gave direct deposit info by it still says paper check. Last pament says $0.00. I know it's coming so I'm happy 🤗

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202443
  • Total Topics: 19853
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 30
Total: 31

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.