Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 07:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: medicare  (Read 336 times)

canda65

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
medicare
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:11:58 AM »
I received fully favorable letter from ALJ on June 23 2017 and the MYSSA site updated to say benefits have been processed about 2 weeks ago. I received my Medicare card in the mail last week with a letter that gives my current amount of benefits (labeled "important information" not "award letter" ) With no other information.
Since it is past time for current beneficiaries to choose Medicare plan will I be able as a newly approved beneficiary to choose a plan D or supplemental plan and if so how long do I have to do it? I did not receive a pamphlet or anything.
I have tried calling my local office but the recording says to call back during non peak times.
I have to travel to the city to go to my local SS office so I wont be able to for a while.
Any information is appreciated. Thank you

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 232
Re: medicare
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 11:16:20 AM »
You get a special enrollmdmt window as a new enrollee.  You can enroll for a Medicare prescription plan at Medicare.gov .  Contact Medicare directly - not the SSA office - with all your Medicare questions.

https://www.shiptacenter.org/ use this link to find your local SHIP office.  They can help you pick a Supplement or Advantage plan & figure out if you qualify for any of the Medicae Savings Programs.  They can also help you find a prescription plan.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 44
Total: 45

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.