Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 07:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: Onset date  (Read 1081 times)

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 566
Re: Onset date
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »
This thread and especially Reply #10 paints a heart wrenching picture.  It also illustrates what adjudicators go through every day.  As humans, they feel compassionate.  As adjudicators, they are bound by the rules set before them.  They understand your panic attacks but have to weigh that against your socializing (presumably) enough to date, get married, etc.  The question becomes "If she can get through the stress of social life, why can she not work in a less stressful environment?"  If she cannot work now, when did her condition deteriorate to the point that she could not perform Significant Gainful Activity?  Simple questions but very difficult to answer. 

Eye Movement Desensitization and Processing can work wonders - or it can do nothing.  The fact that you are willing to try it means you have not given up.  The fact that your therapist is suggesting it means she has not given up on you.  God speed. 

BpinkV

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 12:06:37 PM »
I wanted to update everyone.....

I went to the new P doc last Wednesday....he spoke to me for less than 10 mins. and PINK SLIPPED ME!!!

I did nothing wrong but had to sit in a ward until Saturday after 5pm. They are now saying I also have major depressive disorder NOS. I have never been diagnosed with this before.

I called DDS to tell them but also let them know it was a BS reason and I should not have been sent there. The new P is crazy!

I called my T and she advised me to file a grievance and is going to help me do that next week at my session.

Different Perspective

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 566
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »
I give.  What does Pink Slipped mean?  Were your fired?

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:50 PM »
I give.  What does Pink Slipped mean?  Were your fired?

I think in this instance, it's a term for the paperwork used for involuntary or emergency psychiatric holds.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

BpinkV

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 1
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »
Yes, put in a WARD!!! I told the new P thoughts that go through my head because I have PTSD. I always think and question everything. I don't think bad things on purpose. Someone with PTSD would understand. I told him how 2 months ago I was having thoughts when I was stressed taking care of the kids about o I could just shake you. That popped in my head and I immediately put them in a safe place and went to the bathroom to calm down. He never asked what did you do he just pink slipped me. He asked if I had a plan to harm myself and I told him NO. The ambulance didn't want to take me, but in Ohio a pink slip ties their hands. The ER wanted to release me, but the supervisor said because a pink slip I had to be held. It was a nightmare and finally was cleared up and I was released on Sat. Everyone apologized over and over. The worse part is I was told to be released I had to take medication. I have always just used as needed meds and have never been on a daily med. With PTSD you can't control what pops into your head and that doesn't mean anyone with PTSD would ever act on that thought. I was in his office less than 10 mins. My T is on my side and can't believe what happened.  He put that I was a risk to harm myself and my children which is untrue. My T can back that up. My T is going to help me find a way that I can somehow remove this from my record. I never want anyone to think or see that someone thought I was a risk to my children. How can a P make that decision in less than 10 mins?

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 37
Total: 38

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.