Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 08:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: ALJ Hearing  (Read 350 times)

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
ALJ Hearing
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:06:05 PM »
Hello,
          I am new here  so please  bear with me  if I make mistakes  :Main01:
I had my hearing on July's 18th 2017. At the start of the hearing my lawyer told the judge that he had not received one of my medical files. The judge swore the VE and myself in and asked me several questions about my mental and physical impairments which I answered as honestly and throughly as I could. Judge then asked VE  several hyperthicals  and he answered No to each one.judge  then told my lawyer that  she would not need the missing medical file and lawyer asked her if onset date is may 12th 2014.My question is.?.. why would judge say he didn't need the medical file?Can he deny me without  the file?
Faye

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 232
Re: ALJ Hearing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
If the ALJ said he did not need the file, it sounds like you have enough other documentation from other providers.

You could still submit the file if you desire.  But if he said he did not need the file and you are denied, then it is grounds for an appeal.

JustWantToBeHappy

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 2
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »
Hello,
I had my hearing on July's 18th 2017. At the start of the hearing my lawyer told the judge that he had not received one of my medical files. The judge swore the VE and myself in and asked me several questions about my mental and physical impairments which I answered as honestly and throughly as I could. Judge then asked VE  several hyperthicals  and he answered No to each one.judge  then told my lawyer that  she would not need the missing medical file and lawyer asked her if onset date is may 12th 2014.My question is.?.. why would judge say he didn't need the medical file?Can he deny me without  the file?

Hi Faye,

I also had the ALJ do the same thing within my hearing.  I also changed my onset date 5 minutes before hearing as my representative thought it would be best.  She stated that she wasn't able to get medial files and he said he didn't need it.  He actually gave a bench decision that I missed because I was so emotional from my testimony.  My rep came out and said he gave you a bench decision but from your response, I don't think you realized.  I didn't...I was in a daze.  I received my approval letter 3 weeks later.

Kicksnomore

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 11
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
My hearing was the same day.  I hope we both get favorable decision's soon.

grove800

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 33
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
Welcome Mercyme12.
😊

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
Welcome Mercyme12.
Welcome Mercyme12.
                  Thank you Vickie
Faye

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »
Hello,
[/quotell
                   Thank you  and good luck to you.

Hi Faye,

I also had the ALJ do the same thing within my hearing.  I also changed my onset date 5 minutes before hearing as my representative thought it would be best.  She stated that she wasn't able to get medial files and he said he didn't need it.  He actually gave a bench decision that I missed because I was so emotional from my testimony.  My rep came out and said he gave you a bench decision but from your response, I don't think you realized.  I didn't...I was in a daze.  I received my approval letter 3 weeks later.
Faye

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
Faye

Donna Marie

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 5
  • This is how I feel about SSA
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 08:31:52 PM »
welcome Mercyme12
 :Welcome04:

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 08:34:08 PM »
welcome Mercyme12
              Thank you
Faye

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:04 PM »
Quote from: Mercyme12 link=topic=22523.msg207842#msg207842 date=1502233565. 

Thank you I hope we both get a fully favorful  decision too.
Hello,

Hi Faye,

Faye

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 08:41:14 PM »
welcome Mercyme12
                Thank you.
Faye

Mercyme12

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
  • Hello New Here
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »
                 Thank you I hope we do also.
Faye

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 40
Total: 41

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.