Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: CDR at 62  (Read 443 times)

boshome2

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
CDR at 62
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:59:48 AM »
I'm 62 and will be 63 in a few more months. I'm receiving SSDI for Major Depression and PTSD. Do you think Social Security will give me a CDR? I called to see if there is a CDR scheduled for me and they said nothing was on the computer. I'm in the 7 year review I was to have a CDR in July according to my phone call earlier and they said on was scheduled in July.So. July has passed and I called and they said there was no was no CDR scheduled. Does any one have any info on this. Will I get a CDR or have they just looked at my record and determine I'm still disabled.

shaks24

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 4
Re: CDR at 62
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
Have you ever had one since getting on benefits? It seems to me at age 63 it would be very unlikely to get one. Specially if your impairment was considered severe or improvement not expected. I would not call them anymore as that might just attract unwanted attention to your account. If you are still disabled and getting regular treatment for your original impairment you should have nothing to worry about.

SFVLance

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 19
Re: CDR at 62
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 09:41:09 AM »
If you are still disabled and getting regular treatment for your original impairment you should have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, this is the key right here.
Los Angeles, CA

Short Version: Filed in June 2012 at age 46; major depression + general anxiety. Denied all the way through. Fed district court remanded, 2nd hearing delayed twice (11 months total delay). Bench approval at remand hearing in March 2017. Took six months to receive most of back pay.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 42
Total: 43

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.