Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2017, 07:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: still paranoid; lamenting OCD  (Read 456 times)

mokus

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 1
still paranoid; lamenting OCD
« on: August 10, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
So, as I have posted many times, my first 7 year CDR is due now, in August but here is the 10th and I've heard nothing.
Maybe no big deal for most people but I am the poster child for worrying.
My experience with Social Security is that they have always been relatively punctual.  My sister just had her first 5 year CDR recently and it was spot on the money as scheduled just a few months ago.
Is Social Security ever fashionably "late" or can I venture to guess that if my review does not come by end of month that I am getting a "pass?"
Thank you for input.

Scooter

• ~ Silver ~
  • People helped 3
Re: still paranoid; lamenting OCD
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
My first cdr was supposed to be in December but it never came until like April.  I wouldn't worry, from what I have experienced they have never been on time.

Helper

• -
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 232
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
CDRs can be early, late, or on time.  As long as you are continuing medical treatment, you will be ready whenever it comes.

gardenia

• ~ Titanium ~
  • People helped 31
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »
Hi Mokus - you may not even get a CDR since you're 61 now. If you do get one, it will almost definitely be the short form which you will just fill out with your last 3 doctor appointments and answer a few other questions and return to them. You don't need to send them any medical records or anything like that. Chances are after that you will never see another short-form CDR and will go straight onto full retirement benefits at your regular retirement age (which varies by month and year of birth). After that happens you will never have to worry about a CDR again.

Also, short form CDRs are mailed out in February, June and October, so you have until October to see if you'll be getting a CDR this year.

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202421
  • Total Topics: 19850
  • Online Today: 52
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 39
Total: 40

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.