Questions about how to use the forum?

Visit our new Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2017, 05:43:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

You are no longer alone ...

Author Topic: How long should the CDR take?  (Read 13138 times)

shannan

• ~ Gold ~
  • People helped 16
How long should the CDR take?
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »
I'm currently going through my first CDR so I'm very anxious about the whole thing. I live in NC. I received the long form. I sent my paperwork back and they received it about 7 weeks ago. One doctor mailed their portion back and the other faxed it. The last doctor faxed the info in 3 weeks ago. How long should the process take? I'm stalking the mail man everyday.

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
Re: How long should the CDR take?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »
Unfortunately the answer is ..it varies.  I know once they have everything and start working on it, it goes pretty quick.  However since the people that do CDRs also do new applications it could take quite a while to get going.

Marci
I speak from experience not expertise.

Dragon Fly

• Glitter Queen SSDFacts Doughnator
  • SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 25
  • Mood Swing Goddess of the West Tinfoil Crinkle
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:00:46 PM »
Sorry jsrausch....it must be nerve racking....I really feel for you. Can you make a deal with yourself to not think about it, say, for a week? Take the week off from worrying and then call them in May?

I don't know, I just know it will eat alive and already is even though I am not even at my CDR yet!!!

Stick around though, we have ways of taking your mind off things.... :bump: :bump: :beam up: :beam up: :boy (music): :boy (music): :Boy(angel-flying): :Boy(angel-flying): :dancing-chilli: :dancing-chilli: :dancing-chilli: :dancing-chilli: :excited: :excited: :excited: :deliberate: :deliberate: :deliberate: :girl(angel): :girl(angel): :head-spin: :head-spin: :head-spin: :head-spin: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :idea: :idea: :idea: :hit-safe: :hit-safe: :hit-safe: :laptop: :laptop: :laptop: :laptop: :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :painting: :painting: :painting: :painting: :painter: :painter: :pepsi: :pepsi: :pepsi: :pizza: :pizza: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :poke: :poke: :poke: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :slip: :slip: :slip: :sunchair: :sunchair: :sunchair: :starvin: :starvin: :starvin: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trampoline: :trapeze: :trapeze: :trapeze: :wheel: :wheel: :wheel: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :kite: :kite: :kite: :sillymood: :sillymood: :sillymood: :sillymood: :sillymood: :sillymood: :swing: :swing: :swing: :run: :run: :run: :run: :run:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche

PattyBee

• SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 8
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:55:03 PM »
Wishing you a speedy process!
Patty Bee

naany2009

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »
I am Henry from NYS, I gotten the short form for CDR, and I didn't make any changes on it I just check the boxes and mail it back in. This was in August 2011, I haven't heard anything since then.

When I got the CDR short form in August 2011, I had just moved and in the process of obtaining a new doctor.
Even tho they had the old address and old doctor and that on the form I didn't make any changes on the form itself. I call in the information on the move and new address and so on.

If I call SSA would they tell me where the CDR is at this time.

I have been getting my benefits paid directly on the Direct Express Debit Card. I am not really worried, because my medical conditions are not getting any better and now my doctor tells me I am close to being a diabetic 2.
Any thoughts??     Thank u

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »
Hi Henry,

Good to see you. Yes you can call and get a status.  I find they take about 3 months to complete but again that is not set in stone.  They will not contact your doctor unless they decide to do a full review in which case you will be sent the long form.

Marci

Dragon Fly

• Glitter Queen SSDFacts Doughnator
  • SSDFacts VIP
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 25
  • Mood Swing Goddess of the West Tinfoil Crinkle
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:27:42 PM »
Hi Henry,
Welcome to the site!
Let us know what happens when you call for status on your CDR. It MAY be possible that a notice was mailed to the old address??
You can always have them re-send it or fax it to you.
Or, if it is not yet completed, it is good for you to know as it has been several months.
Keep us posted.
>;<
Dragon Fly
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." --  Friedrich Nietzsche

bigbabie55

• SSDFacts Supporter
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 79
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:01 PM »
Hello Henry, :welcome_sign:
Blessings! :heart:
Bigbabie

naany2009

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
I keep calling the toll free number and they keep hanging up on me, whats up with that???

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
I know they are getting busier and do not have as much staff so it may be that they are getting too many calls and they overload and disconnect. 

You might try calling your local office instead. 

Hyacinth

• ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 65
  • ✂ Organizational Committee ♡
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 01:50:38 AM »
Same thing was happening with my boyfriend yesterday. He ended up calling the local office and got through immediately.
                                     :good-luck:
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow."

naany2009

• ~ Copper ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 06:39:38 AM »
Well I finally got though to the toll free # and spoke with a lady, she checked on the CDR, she couldn't see anything about it on their computer. She told me that it may have been taking care of, she also told me that I wouldn't hear from CDR office unless they needed more information.
She asked if I was getting my checks and I said I was.
She thinks I am fine, however I would feel better if I had something in writing.
I guess when you deal with the federal government you have to take what they say with a gain of salt.
I hope everything is OK, and no surprises down the road.

Thanks everyone!

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »
Henry,

You should call your local office and see what is going on if you can't get an answer from the 800 number.

You DO get a letter when they finish your CDR letting you know the status of the case. 

Marci

rdeentx

• ~ Bronze ~
  • People helped 0
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 05:12:59 PM »
The 800 number told me the same thing, so called the local office, they still had it, that why the 800 number did not show a status

SSDAdmin

• Administrator
  • ~ Platinum ~
  • People helped 382
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
That makes sense..

If this site has helped you in any way please make a donation towards the running of it by clicking below.

Use Paypal by clicking below

:thanx:

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 202443
  • Total Topics: 19853
  • Online Today: 48
  • Online Ever: 246
  • (June 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Prescription Drugs

Prescription Drug Assistance Programs

Please use the pull down menu below to select a prescription drug. 

This will instantly take you to that post in our forum.